Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ball Tip Shower Arm Adapters How To Get A Ball-tip Off A Shower Arm? (is It Welded On???)?

How to get a ball-tip off a shower arm? (is it welded on???)? - ball tip shower arm adapters

I moved into a Victorian house and the shower head was disgusting and corrosive, so I picked it up. Below is a ball joint at the end of the shower arm, I thought it would be easy to remove - not so much.

I went to three hardware stores and tried:

- With channel locks, keys wrapped (with tape on the ends and without)
- Soak it all in the pursuit of oil high penetrance, or a solution, stating that solve things and free rusted joints. not. Soak for 10 minutes i have not then 20 minutes for the second time something is lost.

I'll tell you. NO is emerging. Blockade and key-chain into the metal as the metal is nowonly peeling or chipping Every time I reach and drive.

welded?
Can I some kind of adapter you can be overtaken put the ball joint?

I Can not Take the pipe together, have eaten at. move.

3 comments:

Peter said...

My guess is that is molded into the tube, no parameters. If you use WD-40 or other lubricants, and still not move, then it must be welded. You can try to cut with a saw, then using threads for new issues on the nipple, but also - and probably hate it, but - Call a plumber once and for all, and get the answer. Try to set a dollar value, their frustrations, assign shopping, and the time is now to find out the balance against a plumber, and - approximately $ 100.

Shortstu... said...

Have you tried CLR?

Sandyspa... said...

Hello, sorry for all their problems, but I hope the problem I had during the same test will help you before this time led me to discover. Do you have a flashlight? That is the trick to getting stuck out of joint. If you do not have a flashlight, you can buy at a hardware store. Buy a torch with an automatic starter. Propane.Or a bottle you buy anything that has both. Make sure that a dealer who is a pain in the ass. Keep the light on the ball for a protocol that the channel proved to be locks. If this does not work, try again in a fire, but that's vigilance on the combustion and no lubricant spray before using the torch. Loosen the ball, could only give a little patience. I & # 039, I took the mother sprinkler, coupling only when all rusty! It weighs only 110 pounds, and believe me, I'm not strong! I never could with my flashlight! Or maybe I should ask a neighbor for help, and it is a big NO, not me! I feel so proud, I should write a song about me and my torch! LOL, good luck, and to not more than $ 28 for all the torch! Bye

Post a Comment